Affiliate marketing is the practice of earning commissions by promoting the products or services of other retailers or advertisers. It is a monetization model, where affiliate partners are rewarded for delivering certain results to retailers or advertisers. The result often refers to a sale. But in some cases, it might be potential customers, free trials, website clicks or app downloads.
The zero-cost investment mode makes it continuing popularity. Statista has estimated that the affiliate marketing industry will be worth $8.2 billion in 2022, up from $5.4 billion in 2017.
Affiliate marketing is becoming more and more competitive nowadays. To earn more, you need to constantly stay on top of your game. You need to know what other affiliates are doing and use the best tools. In a word, you need to spy on your competitors and know what they are doing.
What Are Apy Tools in Affiliate Marketing?
Basically, a spy tool is a database of advertisers and creatives. It enables you to check the most popular and effective marketing campaigns, depending on the features of the spy tools.
There are various spy tools to be chosen, we would like to recommend the best ad spy tools in 2022.
BigSpy – #1 Free Ad Spy Tool for Affiliate Marketing
Recommended by thousands of professionals and enterprise bloggers like Neil Patel, Adam, Brian, etc, BigSpy is proven to be the most efficient ad intelligence tool with over 200 million ads, it covers and displays ad creatives on 9 global platforms, covering about 70 countries and regions over the world.
It enables you to get full control to research ads that perform well, and analyze trending creative assets to identify opportunities and potential new creative ideas for your marketing campaigns. In the end, it will optimize your ad campaign and boost your business the most.
For most e-commerce practitioners, our primary goal is to make the product visible to more potential customers. At this time, paid advertising has become necessary, especially for a new brand. For affiliate marketers, picking the right product is crucial. A relatively effective way is to use advertising data to locate high-quality products and lock in popular products in advance.
What kind of ad is considered a high-quality ad?
There is a standard to judge whether an advertisement is of high quality or not. Ads that get more impressions, likes, comments, shares, and other interactions over a period of time are relatively high-quality ads. In order to make more profits, merchants are more inclined to put up high-performing advertisements for a long time and increase their efforts.
BigSpy is one such product that helps users filter through different dimensions and criteria to find the best-performing ad creatives. That’s why we say BigSpy is a great tool for affiliate marketers.
How to Use BigSpy?
The UI interface of BigSpy is clear and concise, which is friendly for beginners. Below is what the homepage of BigSpy looks like.
- Registration: You can sign up with your email or Google account.
- Choose a platform: You are able to choose from mobile game ads, mobile app (non-gaming) ads and e-commerce ads. In most cases, you will benefit from e-commerce ads if you are doing affiliate marketing.
- Discover the navigation option: There are 5 major functions, including AdSpy, Featured Ads, Ad Ideas, Top Charts and New Trending. The most frequently used is AdSpy.
- Enter the AdSpy template.
- Keywords research: Enter the keyword you would like to analyze and choose the filters for advanced research. You are able to search via keywords, domain name, advertisers and landing page URL.
- Find the accurate ads: Filter the search results via multi-dimensions such as language, region, media type and marketing Objectives, etc.
- View ad insights: Clicking ‘Detailed’ of an ad, you will have a closer view of the ad insights, like duration, language, engagement and original post, etc.
Key Features of BigSpy
- Get full control to research ads that perform well, and search your top-performing ads by keywords, advertiser name or domain.
- Analyze trending creative assets to identify opportunities and potential new creative ideas for your marketing campaigns.
- Mark your favorite ad concept by clicking the star button.
- Check ad creatives through different combinations of filtering and ranking, check details like geography details, and quickly download.
- Check the original ad: BigSpy enables you to check what the ads look like through the original link, for a certain quantity of ads on Facebook, Youtube, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Based on the previous keyword and filters you set, you can click the “Original Ads” filter, and click on the creative details page.
- Click the “original post” link, and the system will jump out from BigSpy to the original page, you can check the engagement values and comments details to see whether the ad or product is popular or not.
- Select featured ads: Featured ads refer to those that have better engagement performance and are still active in recent 7 days. You can analyze the ad details for good creatives or winning products.
- One-click to download the ads.
Other Tips for BigSpy?
1）Take advantage of Original ads
Once you’ve found the ads that meet your standard, you should definitely discover more about them. The original ads feature enables you to find the original post. You get to know on which platform the ad is published the first time, and how that post behaves via the number of likes, comments and shares.
To view the original post of an ad, click “…” on the upper right corner of a feed then Original Post.
2) Featured ads
BigSpy picks the ads with the greatest behavior (those with the high engagement and growth momentum) from among all the original ads and collects them in the Featured Ads template. These are the most valuable ads for affiliate marketers.
3) Save your favorite ads
All you need to do to save an interesting ad is to click the star button and add it to your favorites list. For efficient sorting, don’t forget to label the ad. Save and tag your favorite creatives, and you’ll create your own ad library. With this function, you will never miss any superior ad creatives.
To warp up
BigSpy is one of the best ad spy tools for affiliate marketing. You can choose from three plans: the Basic Version, Pro Version and Enterprise Version starting from only $9 per month. You will enjoy a 10% discount with the code BIGSPY10 at checkout for the monthly plans.